It was a day that I knew would eventually come, so I wasn't dreading it too much. In fact, as it drew closer, I was actually looking forward to it. Then it came....
This week saw the arrival of my birthday, and not just any birthday either. This was the one where I turned the big four-oh. It wasn't exactly the most ideal day for weather, as it was snowing and cold out, but it also fit the occasion rather well. My mother had told me many times as I was growing up that I was born on a snowy day, which isn't exactly a shock considering that the white stuff is usually expected here at some point during the month of April. I also had booked the day off from work (paid, of course) about a month in advance, so that was actually a decent stroke of luck. Anyway, I was meeting with a couple of friends down at my usual watering hole that afternoon to watch our beloved Tottenham Hotspur take on Swiss club FC Basel in a Europa League knock-out match. We got down there, put in our orders for food and pints, and proceeded to enjoy the match. Then more Tottenham fans joined us, and even though Spurs suffered a heart-breaking loss via penalty kicks, a grand time was had by all!
The rest of the afternoon and evening were pretty low-key, as I had to work the following day. All in all though, it was a memorable birthday celebration.
I can't help but wonder what the next milestone celebration will be like, but on the other hand, there's still 10 years to plan it.... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment