I guess that it's been almost a year since I started this blog, so I guess it's about time that I write another post for it. But when the word "Sporadic" is in the title....
It is said that each new year brings changes, and this year has been no different. The biggest change has been a tough one to adjust to, namely the loss of my job in late February via lay-off and the subsequent bankruptcy of said employer just eight days later (interestingly enough, on February 29th). Since the closure was two days before the next scheduled payday, nobody ended up gettting paid.
Needless to say, that was one hell of an adjustment to make........
However, after three weeks of looking for new employment, I got a call out of the blue one night and was offered a job. Although no guarantees were given about how many hours I would get (i.e. part-time hours), I ended up taking it because I had various financial wolves starting to approach the door. Thankfully, none of them had started to howl just yet.... ;-)
Things are looking good there, as the hours have consistently increased even though my new boss has agreed (in return for not being full-time with him) to the prospect of me walking at any point if I got a full-time offer elsewhere. All in all though, it seems like a good fit, and with the next paycheque on track to being a full 80+ hours I'm willing to stick it out for a while.
Another change has been on the social front. I've met a few new people over the last 12 months and have gotten to know them better as time went on. There is one who I have gotten to know a little better though. She has been telling me of how her life in her country has been, and where she hopes it will lead in the future. She's a very intelligent lady, a little reserved until you get to know her, but she has a good heart and loves to chat. If she ever sees this, she'll know who I'm talking about.... ;-)
Other than that, just the usual changes of the seasons over the last 52 weeks. My 39th is coming up in a couple of days, yet another mile-stone (or being a Canadian, should that be kilometre-stone?) in life. Despite not having one of those infamous crystal balls around, I do know one thing. The coming year will no doubt be an eventful one. After all, it would be kind of boring otherwise, wouldn't it?
So, until the next time I post, all the best to whoever is reading this!
No comments:
Post a Comment